House Committee PASSES Substitute for HB 1502!
Yesterday, the House Professional Registration & Licensing Committee voted to pass a House Committee Substitute for HB 1502, filed by Rep. Hannah Kelly. HB 1502 was originally drafted as a Transition to Practice bill that permitted APRN’s to do everything but prescribe schedule 2 drugs without a collaborative practice agreement if they had practiced for 2 years or more and met other criteria as defined in the bill. Due to substantial opposition, Rep. Kelly amended HB 1502 to establish a license for APRN’s as the full scope of the bill.
As a result of Rep. Kelly’s hard work and persistence, and the efforts of AMNP and our colleagues at MONA, the committee passed the measure 9-3! The amended bill will be referred to the Rules Committee on Administrative Oversight before being placed on the calendar for full debate by the Missouri House.
Thanks to those of you who took time to call, visit, or email your elected officials. We ask that you take a few more minutes of your time to write the following members of the committee who voted yes to thank them for supporting Missouri’s NP’s. Additionally, please send a thank you note to the bill sponsor, Rep. Hannah Kelly for her continued work to improve the climate for NP’s throughout Missouri.
Rep. Hannah Kelly
- Rep. Robert Ross - 573-751-1490 - email@example.com
- Rep. Steve Helms - 573-751-9809 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rep. Jon Carpenter - 573-751-4787 - email@example.com
- Rep. Richard Brown - 573-751-7639 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rep. Derek Grier - 573-751-9765 - email@example.com
- Rep. Kirk Mathews - 573-751-0562 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rep. DaRon McGee - 573-751-9469 - email@example.com
- Rep. Chrissy Sommer - 573-751-1452 - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Rep. Cora Faith-Walker - 573-751-4726 - email@example.com
- Rep. Jim Neely
- Rep. Bill White
- Rep. Chris Dinkins
- Rep. Diane Franklin